The Harrow Hill Trust Planning Committee examines all planning applications made in (and that affect the setting of) the Hill’s conservation areas. The purpose of the Committee is to protect and enhance the special character of the Hill, including:
- promoting compliance with the conservation areas’ policies;
- preserving the historic features of the Hill, examples of good architecture and valuable trees;
- encouraging development design that respects and enhances the Hill’s special character;
- preserving and enhancing open space, rights of way and significant views;
- maintaining the economic and social vitality of the Hill; and
- trying to ensure the Council enforces planning decisions and planning rules on the Hill.
Where it decides that a planning application raises relevant issues or concerns, the Planning Committee makes written comments to Harrow Council planning department. It is also represented on the Conservation Area Advisory Committee (CAAC) formed by Harrow Council.
Committee members declare any conflict of interest they have in relation to a planning application and do not participate in the Committee’s decisions on that application.
The current members of the Planning Committee are Paul Catherall (Chair), Mario Andrade, Piotr Chlapowski, Alan Evans, Dee Hinton, Eileen Kinnear, Carolyn Leder, Gaynor Lloyd and Adam Howard.
The Committee is always happy to be contacted by Trust members – including by members interested in joining the Planning Committee. The Trust is keen to maintain and improve representation on the Committee from across all areas of the Hill. The Committee can be contacted via the Trust’s email address.
Below are links to the Planning Committee’s recent letters to the Council:
1120- HHT P_3497_20 Vaughan Rd